Re: Binary attachments to XP: or unipart vs. multipart

Frank DeRose wrote:

> The advantages of the multipart approach are:
>
> 1.) It can accomodate binary data without requiring that it be encoded.

My MIME's a little rusty.  How is binary data accommodated?

(I thought data had to be encoded to make sure the separator line didn't
appear in the data.  Or do you just have to pick a separator line that does
not appear in the particular data you're sending?  Or does it use something
like Content-Length with a part of a multi-part message?)

Thanks,
Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay