Re: SOAP IANA considerations

From: Scott Lawrence <slawrence@virata.com>
Date: 17 Dec 2001 10:09:40 -0500
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org, http-wg@cuckoo.hpl.hp.com
Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> writes:

> Imposing the requirement for these headers to be a reasonable fit
> into HTTP isn't such a bad thing, IMHO.

There would also be the benefit of providing an opportunity for
education.  I have on several occasions had people come to me either
in some list or privately with a proposal for some clever new HTTP
extension, and then explained to them that HTTP already has a feature
that could accomplish the same thing.

--
Scott Lawrence                            slawrence@virata.com
Virata Embedded UPnP & Web Technology    http://www.emweb.com/