RE: Encoding: mandate validation of XML Schema simple types?

From: Jacek Kopecky <jacek@systinet.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:15:44 +0100 (CET)
To: Matt Long <mlong@phalanxsys.com>
cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
 Matt,
 In my opinion validating even XSD builtin types should not be
mandated. I would, on the other hand, want to specify that the
handling of invalid values is implementation-dependent.
 But as Noah, I can see it either way, so I would not object if
the WG went with mandated validating of XSD builtins.
 Best regards,

                   Jacek Kopecky

                   http://www.systinet.com/