Re: SOAP IANA considerations

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 12:00:42 -0800
To: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Cc: Mark Baker <mbaker@planetfred.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org

I had a quick chat about it a while back with Patrik (Pittsburgh,
IIRC); he encouraged the attempt.

That's not to say that it'll be easy, of course. If the WG needs this
registration in a timely fashion, I wouldn't tie it to the
establishment of a registry; that can be done separately.

I believe HTTP headers are considered completely separate from MIME
headers, and the headers that are MIMEish or derived from MIME are
well-defined in 2616.

--
Mark Nottingham
http://www.mnot.net/