RE: Proposed text for XML Base support in SOAP 1.2

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 08:14:34 -0800
To: "Marc Hadley" <marc.hadley@sun.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

It was supposed to through reference but would it help adding a
paragraph just after the list saying something to the effect of

"SOAP relies on the XML base specification for specifying the details of
rule #1 for embedding base URI information in the specific case of XML
documents."

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen
mailto:henrikn@microsoft.com

>Forgive me if I have this wrong, but the proposed text doesn't
>say that
>we support XML base which is what I thought we agreed to. Instead it
>only says we support RFC 2396 which is different - no xml:base
>attribute
>for one thing !

>Also there is some text that is copied almost verbatim from
>the XML base
>specification - wouldn't it be better to just refer to the original ?

The reason for providing a non-normative copy of the four ways for
establishing a base was so that I could refer directly to each of the
four in the same way xml base does.

Henrik