Re: SOAP and the Web architecture

Paul Prescod wrote:

> I have a variety of XSLT stylesheets that I use to extract information
> from Google and many command line scripts for extracting things from
> other websites (basically lynx -dump | grep). All of this is going to
> get more complicated in a post-GET world.

Yes, one concrete requirement in my book would be a syntax for calling
SOAP services from XSLT. The document() function is entirely URL based.
But I don't expect this requirement to be met anytime soon, because SOAP
is seen as a protocol for doing updates and many XSLT authors are keen
to prevent it being expanded into a general purpose language.

Francis.