RE: SOAP and the Web architecture

From: Eugene Kuznetsov <eugene@datapower.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 16:33:38 -0400
To: "Paul Prescod" <paulp@ActiveState.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
> Will SOAP allow me to choose? Also, I'd really appreciate it if SOAP
> would allow me to choose how much or how little to put in the URL-line
> instead of in the message body.

I must still be missing something about POST & GET in this context
-- how does it make a difference from the application's point of view?
When it is a browser, I can see how saving the parameters with a URL
might be useful. When it is an HTTP proxy of some kind, I understand
the differences, and certainly there are some stickiness and caching
implications. But for a web service? I'm sure there is something I'm
missing.

\\ Eugene Kuznetsov
\\ eugene@datapower.com
\\ DataPower Technology, Inc.