Re: SOAP and the Web architecture

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 02:26:18 -0400 (EDT)
To: mnot@mnot.net (Mark Nottingham)
Cc: xml-dist-app@w3.org
> I hope you mean that the 'default' HTTP binding would be unusable,
> not the entire framework, no? Or do these issues leak beyond?

You're right, sorry I was unclear.  I believe the "grenade issue"
crosses binding boundaries, but none of the others do.  My comment
was mostly referring to the default binding.

> > The response code argument[2], the recent "grenade" discussion,
> > media types, my response (with Randy and Henrik) to the IESG about
> > Keith Moore's I-D, etc..  The basis of all of those arguments, for
> > the most part, was my understanding of REST.
>
> Yep, that's all clear now; it seems to illuminate a lot of what
> you've said. Unfortunately, Roy's dissertation isn't exactly compact,
> but I'll soldier through  ;)

A surprising number of people have been impressed with the FrontPage
of the RESTwiki.  Check it out.

http://internet.conveyor.com/RESTwiki/moin.cgi/FrontPage

MB