RE: TBTF: A small Doodle of an HTTP Binding

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:00:09 -0700
To: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>, "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

Just a quick comment regarding your note:

	Note: I have a concern with Henrik's suggestion that
	"A binding [binding specification?...NRM] may define
	a set of properties." [4]  In my opinion, the properties
	are defined by our specification (for core functions)
	and by the specifications for various modules (e.g.
	security) and message patterns.  This is a very
	fundamental distinction.

I believe this is supported in the model that I propose through nesting.
People who want to expose the same properties can do so by either nest
or use properties defined by other parties. I don't think there is any
need for a general interface model.

Henrik