RE: Proposed resolution: issues 78, 16

From: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <henrikn@microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 19:08:04 -0700
To: <Noah_Mendelsohn@lotus.com>, "Jacek Kopecky" <jacek@idoox.com>
Cc: <mlong@phalanxsys.com>, <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

I may be missing something but if an RPC invocation or the result of an
invocation is modeled as a single-rooted instance of a directed graph
within the SOAP encoding data model then why is additional information
needed to identify the top element of the invocation or result of that
invocation?

Note here that I am making a distinction between this question and
whether the RPC convention has to be serialized using the SOAP section 5
encoding style or not (which I don't think is the case). That is, it is
possible to invent other encoding styles for this particular RPC
convention using the encodingStyle attribute.

Henrik