Re: Proposed resolution: issues 78, 16

From: Doug Davis <dug@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:23:14 -0400
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Perhaps someone could explain something to me.
The proposal is for a "start" attribute that
refers to the top-most element in the body.  Right
now SOAP has the notion of a "root" attribute
(granted its in the encoding section, but it can
be moved).  How is the "start" attribute any
better than the "root" attribute?  In both cases
we need to read/parse at least the first XML element
of each to determine either if the "name" matches
the one on the "start" attribute, or if the
"root" attribute is there.  I don't see the
benefit of "start". Am I missing something?
-Dug