Re: mid-course correction on abstract model for module processing

[ Sorry for the *late* response about that... ]

* Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr> [2001-03-21 17:00+0100]
> Mark Jones wrote:
[ Distinction between header and body ]
> > The main distinction as I see it is where the responsibility lies
> > for generating responses.  Some handler in some module at the
> > destination must take on that responsibility, and having a body
> > makes a convenient place to designate that responsibility.
>
> That's fine. We could do it differently, for example using an
> attribute or special URI; this would, in my opinion, simplify the
> dispatching machinery (no need to look for a body tag; just use
> actors and namespaces everywhere, it will work automatically). But
> you are right in pointing out we need to carry out the "body"
> semantics, somehow.

The whole point about this body/header difference was that carrying
out the "body" semantics did not require a different element and that
it could be done with a single element and attributes.

I still believe that, as Jean-Jacques suggested, it makes more sense
to use only one element.

--
Hugo Haas - W3C