From: Paul Cotton [mailto:pcotton@microsoft.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2000 4:07 PM
To: W3C XML Protocol WG (E-mail)
Cc: David Turner; Henrik Frystyk Nielsen; David Fallside (E-mail); Yves
Lafon (E-mail)
Subject: Introduction

Hello, my name is Paul Cotton and (once my AC rep, David Turner, confirms in
WG as the Alternate member.

I work for Microsoft as the Program Manager for XML Standards.  I have been
active in the W3C XML Activity since 1998 and have worked previously on the
Infoset, Linking and Core Working Groups.  I am currently the chair of the
XML Query WG and a member of the XML Coordination Group.  In addition I was
recently elected by the W3C member companies to a two year term to the W3C
Advisory Board.

In previous jobs I have represented my employer on several other standards
bodies including ISO SC32 which is responsible for the SQL database language
standard. In addition I was the editor of several parts of the
SQL/Multi-Media standard which standardizes full-text, still image and
spatial data types for SQL databases using the object-oriented features of
the SQL language.

I have been involved in structured documents and/or SGML/XML software
development/research for over fifteen years. My earlier work in this arena
was done while I was Senior Technical Staff Member at IBM Canada and
Director of Research for Fulcrum Technologies.

I agree to participate per the charter
	http://web3.w3.org/2000/09/XML-Protocol-Charter
            last revised Sept 13, 2000
and I support the goals, understand the schedule, and agree to the
confidentiality and resource commitments.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (613) 226-6913
<mailto:pcotton@microsoft.com>