Mark Baker Introduction

From: Mark Baker <mark.baker@canada.sun.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 15:26:46 -0400
To: w3c-xml-protocol-wg@w3.org, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Greetings,

I'm Mark Baker, Sun Microsystem's alternate on the XML Protocol WG (Ed
Mooney being our primary rep).

My professional history includes much time spent on various large scale
distributed systems development in such verticals as telecom network &
service management, fleet management & dispatch, and HR applications.
These were implemented on technologies such as CORBA, DCE, and a handful
of roll-your-own socket libraries.

More recently I was CTO at Beduin Communications, a Java micro-browser
vendor, before it was acquired by Sun Microsystems.  At Sun I've been
active in the "wireless Web" space, including representing them at the
WAPforum and on the W3C HTML WG.  In the HTML WG I am a co-editor of
XHTML Basic, and editor of a soon-to-be-published MIME type registration
for XHTML.

You might also know me as a co-founder of the Distributed Objects
Mailing List.

Good to be here!

btw, I won't be able to make the f2f as it conflicts with the HTML WG
f2f in Tokyo.

MB