DR 609

From: Mark Needleman - DRA <mneedlem@dra.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 16:53:45 -0600 (CST)
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Since members of the committee have been asked to post comments on the
xml-dist-app list (as I understand it) before voting on a requirement

My concernt about just mandating UTF-8 is that that still allows both
UCS-2 and UCS-4 characters and Im wondering if we might want to restrict
the character repetoire to just UCS-2 (with UTF-8) to promote
interoperability - at least in our initial requirements

Or should we get guidance from I18N about this before proceeding

Mark Needleman
DRA