[DR 308] vs [DR 505]

From: Octav Chipara <ochipara@cse.unl.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:25:10 -0600
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org

Hi,

Since I have seen that you have been wanted some feedback of the proposal
for XP ... I have question. DR 308 says that XP should provide layering
i.e partial implementation of protocols i.e subsets of the protocol. DR
505 says that the two communication peers do not need any prior knowledge
about each other. I believe this raises a problem because if you have
different implementation how can you be sure that a request that you are
going to make is going to be understood by the other peer. Does anyone
have an answer to this one?

- Octav

e-mail:         ochipara@cse.unl.edu
phone:		(402)472-9492