RE: Bridging XML/HTTP

From: Mike Dierken <mike@DataChannel.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 11:01:02 -0800
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Why not call it http:meta rather than html:meta?

Come up with a canonical DTD for the HTTP protocol & the http: namespace
would use elements & attributes (if any) from that.

<!-- canonical representation (not fully thought out...) -->
<Request Method='GET' Version='1.1' URI='a/b/c'>
	<Authorization>BASIC ynz70f2=<Authorization>
	<If-Modified-Since>Sun, 06 Nov 1994 08:49:37 GMT</If-Modified-Since>
	<User-Agent>Mozilla etc</User-Agent>

	<Last-Modified>Tue, 15 Nov 1994 12:45:26 GMT</Last-Modified>
      <Expires>Thu, 01 Dec 1994 16:00:00 GMT</Expires>

<!-- some http aware/friendly representation of something -->
  <http:Expires>Thu, 01 Dec 1994 16:00:00 GMT</http:Expires>

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their...

Mike D