Re: Review of XML-RPC interface for Manilla

From: Justin Chapweske <justin@cyrus.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 16:16:48 -0600
To: mark.baker@Canada.Sun.COM, xml-dist-app@w3.org
> I must say Dave, that after having a good look through this, it's
> much more well suited to HTTP (and maybe WebDAV) than I initially
> expected.  Your methods are all document or metadocument centric
> (a Good Thing).  I'm even more perplexed now why you didn't start
> with HTTP.

One could also write Java bytecode by hand, but I'm sure not going
to...Now I don't disagree that Dave could have pushed his stuff down to
HTTP and have it work exactly the same.  But to the end programmers it
would look like an entirely different and confusing beast.  Perhaps you
have a suggestion for how to bring this down to the HTTP level but still
have it be digestable by the end programmer?

--
Justin Chapweske - Noodler, Cyrus Intersoft
http://www.cyrusintersoft.com/