REST

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 01:16:59 -0500
To: xml-dist-app@w3.org
Hi all,

I was talking to Ken today, and he asked if I had any pointers to
information about the different type of architectures we're talking about.
Since I thought this relevant to the group at large, I'm posting it here.

Roy Fielding coined (AFAIK) the term "representational state transfer" (aka
REST) to describe the architecture of the Web.  There's a presentation of
his that goes into this in as much detail as you can with a slide show;

http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/talks/webarch_9805/index.htm

There was also a related discussion on the w3c-dist-auth list last year;

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-dist-auth/1999AprJun/0121.html

You can also read the message from Roy that made this all click for me
(thank goodness these discussions were archived);

http://www.xent.com/FoRK-archive/may98/0120.html

MB