  • From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 21:36:22 -0600
  • Subject: W3C Chat before XTech 2000: XHTML - a bridge to the Web of the future
  • To: www-html@w3.org
XTech 2000 (http://www.gca.org/attend/2000_conferences/xtech_2000/)
is around the corner, and members of W3C team will be there,
including Eric Prud'hommeaux, Michael Sperberg-McQueen, Henry Thompson,
and Daniel Veillard.

If you're going (or not), you may have questions regarding recent W3C
developments, including

        XHTML 1.0
        http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1

        How W3C works
        http://www.w3.org/Consortium/

Plus, you might be interested in discussions of XML messaging,
distributed computing, transactions, and protocols:

        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app

In this spirit, we'd like to have a pre-conference chat - here are the
details:

Who:     All are welcome

          W3C team members attending the chat include Dan Connolly,
          Masayasu Ishikawa, Eric Prud'hommeaux, Michael
Sperberg-McQueen,
          Henry Thompson, and Daniel Veillard.

          Also from the HTML Working Group: Steven Pemberton and Shane
McCarron

When: Friday 25 February, at 1400Z (9am Eastern Time), for about an hour

          (Apologies to the parts of the world where that's
inconvenient.)
          The log will go online - our previous chat is at:
          http://www.w3.org/1999/12/w3c-irc2409

Where: irc://irc.openprojects.net/#w3c
        i.e. channel #w3c on irc.openprojects.net

        about this IRC network, see
        Open Projects Network - New User?
        http://openprojects.nu/about.html

        stay tuned to the XML home page http://www.w3.org/XML/
        for other details.

What to bring:

          Send your pre-chat ideas, proposals, position papers, and
       "here's what I did with XHTML" to

          www-html@w3.org

Suggested reading:

          XHTML 1.0
          http://www.w3.org/xhtml1

          HTML Activity
          http://www.w3.org/Markup/

          W3C Extensible Markup Language (XML) Activity
          http://www.w3.org/XML/Activity

          www-html mailing list
          http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html

          xml-dist-app mailing list