Rational behind rewording of sender and receiver

From: Martin Gudgin <marting@develop.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 04:24:38 -0000
To: "XML Protocol Comments" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Below is my rational/reasoning for changing the wording for XP sender[1],
receiver[2] and associated preamble[3]

The previous wordings used 'accept' and 'generate' for 'send' and 'receive'.
The main word I found problematic here was 'generate' as I don't see the XP
sender as the construct that creates the message. I see it as binding a
message to a protocol and then transmitting that message. To me it is an XP
processor that constructs messages in the same way that it is an XP
processor that deconstructs messages at the other end.

Gudge

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2000Dec/0243.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2000Dec/0242.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2000Dec/0241.html