RE: DR027: Audit trails

From: Oisin Hurley <ohurley@iona.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 05:57:22 -0000
To: <xml-dist-app@w3.org>

> DR027: "There must be a way to deal with audit trails of the
> protocol flow."
>
> Duplicate of R807
> "Tracking - enabling message recipients to determine a message's path
> through preceding intermediates"
>
> Drop?

The XML protocol specification is not a place to deal specifically with
protocol flow options - so I agree with the drop call.

However it is possible, given the existence of intermediaries and their
recognition of first-class citizens in the message delivery, to perform
at least a basic form of auditing.

 --oh

--
ohurley at iona dot com