Section 4.3: edited requirements (rev. 2)

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 23:39:26 +0100
To: Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@microsoft.com>
CC: David Fallside <fallside@us.ibm.com>, xml-dist-app@w3.org
Henrik,

Here's revision 2 of section 4.3. It does include comments that were
made last night (my time) and earlier today.

Do you think you could include it in draft 3, instead of the text I did
sent yesterday?

Jean-Jacques.

DR 121
--------
The XML Protocol WG recognizes that a number of XML messaging
proposals use protocols other than HTTP, for example SMTP or BEEP.
Although the WG encourages individuals and organisations to develop
such bindings for XP, it will only provide a binding for HTTP
initially, unless enough interest is shown by WG members to develop
other bindings, and enough time is available for that work.

DR 122
--------
The XML Protocol WG anticipates that mapping XP onto existing
application layer protocols, such as SMTP, may lead to scalability and
security problems, or even semantic complications (in particular when
the application semantics defined by those protocols interfere with
the semantics defined by XP). The WG may thus issue a warning
accordingly.

DR 123
--------
Not using HTTP-NG; drop

DR 25
-------
Dup DR 28; drop.

DR 22
-------
The XML Procotol WG recognizes that, in certain cases, it may be
useful to run XP directly on top of TCP. However, it will not provide
a raw TCP binding.

DR 28
-------
Already covered by DR 502; drop.