DR 123: HTTP-NG, out-of-order delivery

From: Jean-Jacques Moreau <moreau@crf.canon.fr>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 16:08:34 +0100
To: "xml-dist-app@w3.org" <xml-dist-app@w3.org>
Current text for DR 123
------------------------
              General transport issues were investigated by the
HTTP-NG Activity, which designed
              a general transport mechanism for handling out-of-order
delivery of message streams
              between two peers. While we do strongly encourage work
to be undertaken in this
              area, it is expected that work in this area will be done
in collaboration with the IETF
              and not as part of this Working Group.

Proposal
---------
Considering: 1) the status of HTTP-NG; 2) that newer protocols like
BEEP also support out-of-order delivery of messages; and that 3) we
will not be looking at bindings other than HTTP (for which the problem
will have to be solved anyway), I propose that we drop this
requirement.

Jean-Jacques.