Z39.50 vs. LDAP...

From: Andrea Giuliano <a.giuliano@iccu.sbn.it>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:21:52 +0200
To: www-zig@w3.org

Dear all,

I was trying to explain the wonders of Z39.50 to a colleague of mine,
who works as a system and network administrator here. Finally he said:
"it sounds very much like LDAP".

I'm not so deeply involved in Z39.50 and LDAP stuff to contrast such an
opinion. Also, my explanation was probably poor and confused. Is there
someone here who has practice on both topics? What do they think about this?

Best regards.

--
Andrea Giuliano, Ph. D.
ICCU - Istituto Centrale per il Catalogo Unico