Re: CCL proposal (quotes)

> Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 12:30:07 -0400
> From: "LeVan,Ralph" <levan@oclc.org>
>
> So, we have a flawed, unimplemented standard that was allowed to
> slip gracefully into its grave at review time.

:-)  Sounds pretty dam' conclusive, then.

Which raises the question: how did a Z39.59 truncation attribute ever
get into BIB-1 in the first place?

It now seems to me that the best approach is: we write a brief but
watertight spec. for how we want 104 trunction to work, an change the
prose so it says something non-commital like "This is similar to what
was specified by the defunct Z39.58 standard".

)_v__/\  "He was a quintessentially Anglican archbishop - quite
	 worldly, quite gossipy, extremely decent, undogmatic, kind,
	 conscientious, unvisionary, patriotic" -- Telegraph's obituary
	 for Archbishop Runcie.