Re: BIBOS:IV goes ZNG?

> Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 13:05:59 -0000
> From: "Matthew Dovey" <matthew.dovey@las.ox.ac.uk>
>
> It also includes a link to a paper of mine of how to implement the
> whole of Z39.50 as a WebService, which I occasionally role out when
> Mike mentions his Evil Empire paper to hint that I'm not necessarily
> as radical as he makes out ;-)

Oops :-)

Apologies to anyone, especially Matthew, who feels misrepresented by
anything I've written in the Empire paper or otherwise -- do let me
know, and I'll gladly tweak the prose accordingly.

(But for the record, I don't think I said anything that paints Matthew
in a _particularly_ revolutionary light!)

... the paper he's referring to is _Z39.50 - The Empire Strikes Back_,
by the way, in which the empire is decidedly not evil!
	http://www.miketaylor.org.uk/tech/esb.html
It's short enough to read in five minutes.

)_v__/\  "You take two bodies and you twirl them into one, their hearts
	 and their bones, and they won't come undone" -- Paul Simon,
	 "Hearts and Bones"