Init Diagnostics

From: Mike Taylor <mike@tecc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 12:02:54 GMT
To: www-zig@w3.org
Ray (mostly),

I've just checked the draft revision of the standard document (PDF
form)
	http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/revision/part1.pdf
to see whether you integrated the Implementor Agreement for Returning
diagnostics in an InitResponse
	http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/agency/agree/initdiag.html

From my skim reading, it looks like the answer is no: I looked in
section 3.2.1.1.7 (User-information-field) because that's what the IA
says to use.

I'd like to suggest there's a case for including this, since the IA
fixes what is essentially a bug in the service sepcification.

)_v__/\  "You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete
	 traditions.  You're dangerous and depraved, and you should
	 be taken outside and shot" -- Joseph Heller, "Catch-22"