Re: Hotel booking for ZIG meeting at the British Library, Boston Spa

Ashley Sanders wrote:

> It would be nice to know what the tutorials are going to be on
> the Tuesday before I decide on how long a stay I want to book.
> The z3950 agency web site still says "details coming soon" --
> any news yet Ray?

Sebastian is planning the tutorial, and we'll have more details soon (hopefully
before the hotel deadline).  He has told me that the tutorial will focus on
pragmatic issues and try to counter the "Z39.50 is hard" perceptions by showing
how easy it actually can be. It will focusing on interoperability issues and
profiling in real-life applications, and concrete introductions to existing
freeware APIs in different languages. It will probably not address the details of
ASN.1 to the same level as earlier tutorials but rather in a more summary fashion.

 There are still two days left before the hotel deadline. I would suggest that if
we don't have more information by the deadline, book according to the assumption
that you'll attend the tutorial, as (presumably) you can always cancel later.
--Ray

--
Ray Denenberg
Library of Congress