Re: holdings-schema proposal

Let's see if I can help clear up  part of this:

Janifer Gatenby wrote:

> Can we allow unstructured string data in
> "alternativeEnumeration" and
> "alternativeChronology" so that it can be used for simple
> flat display?

To which Joe Zeeman replied:

And then Jan Said:

> ...... I can't find
> childEnumChronology - do I have the latest version?

I think Joe meant to say "childEnumChronSummary" not
"childEnumChronology".

And the point is this: you can stop recursion at any level
you want and instead provide a
child-enumeration/chronology-summary via
childEnumChronSummary.

So if "issue 2" is represented recursively as a child of
"volume 5"  then, as has been pointed out, you don't (i.e.,
can't) represent "volume 5, issue 2" as a flat string. You
would represent issue 2 in the child structure subordinate
to volume 5. If you chose not to represent  issue 2 as a
child (i.e. recursively), then you can supply the flat
string "volume 5, issue 2" via childEnumChronSummary.

--Ray