RE: holdings-schema proposal

May be this can make it more clear:

The Enumaration element contains
 - enumLevel - an Integer
 - enumCaption - an InternationalString
 - specificEnumeration - an InternationalString
(ref: http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/agency/defns/holdings.html)

This part of Holdings Schema is based on MARC21, see:
http://www.loc.gov/marc/holdings/echdenum.html

In consequence you can't write "volume 5, issue 2" - you need two
Enumaration elements:

 - enumLevel = 1
 - enumCaption = volume
 - specificEnumeration = 5
AND
 - enumLevel = 2
 - enumCaption = issue
 - specificEnumeration = 2

Element "childEnumChronology" is not a part of Holdings Schema.
But childEnumChronSummary is and it can be:

childEnumChronSummary-structured = same structure as above
OR
childEnumChronSummary- unstructured = just an InternationalString

But not a detailed level: childEnumChronSummary is for ESN B2.
"volume 5, issue 2" is a more detailed level - for ESN B3.

But: we have a structure in data (e.g. "volume 5, issue 2") and in the
schema (see Enumaration above).
We non't need a flat text-string.

Hope this makes it clear.

best regards