Re: Building a Z39.50 client and server

At 07:40 23-05-01 -0500, Mark Needleman - DRA wrote:

>just one minor quibble with your reply - whether his server has to accept
>connections from other clients (where you answered yes) - is pretty much
>up to him - the server can certainly control who it will or wont talk to
>of course by handle if all you mean is get in (and possibly reject)
>requests you are right

Mea culpa. There's in fact lots of examples of Z39.50 targets that are
really only intended to serve a single client, or a closed community. I
read the question more to mean, whether the purpose of the server was to
accept connections from clients... that seems pretty obvious to some, but
it's often a point of confusion, even for folks who've plowed through the
standard (perhaps because of the odd OSI-fied lingo in the document).

--Sebastian
--
Sebastian Hammer        <quinn@indexdata.dk>            Index Data ApS
Ph.: +45 3341 0100    <http://www.indexdata.dk>    Fax: +45 3341 0101