Re: how to test a marker in an xsl:if (via a variable?)

On 03/03/2010 22:50, Arian wrote:
> Hey all,
> I would like to make something show up in my xsl if the marker is set to
> a certain value...
> So I set a marker in a template and then another template is called...
> In that 2nd template, i have a line like so:
>
> <xsl:variable name="var_birthday"><fo:retrieve-marker
> retrieve-class-name="birthday"/></xsl:variable>
> <xsl:if test="$var_birthday != ''">
> ....some output
> </xsl:if>
>
> but above doesnt work as I'd expect... Can I do this without passing
> xsl:param's into the template and just use the marker somehow in the if
> statement?
>
> My best idea was to  place it like above in a variable, but doesnt work
> like I expected.
>
> Thanks,
> Ari

The xsl file generates an xsl-fo document as essentially a static xml
file (even if it is never actually serialised to disk) then that xsl-fo
XML document is interpreted by the XSL-FO renderer as a completely
separate process. markers are set and retrieved by the xsl-fo engine.
the xslt engine knows nothing at all about XSL-FO, it just generates
those elements as input to a following process.

David