Re: single column and double column on a single page?

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 18:42:44 +0200
To: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com>
CC: www-xsl-fo@w3.org
Tony Graham wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 01 2009 12:44:46 +0100, julian.reschke@gmx.de wrote:
>> I'm trying to use both a single and a double column layout on a single
>> page. It appears that @column-count can only be set on the page master
>> declaration, so I need to start a new page to switch to double column
>> layout.
>
> Use 'column-count="2"', and on any fo:block or fo:block-container that
> should span both columns, use 'span="all"' [1].

Thanks for the advice.

I tried that, didn't get it to work with FOP 0.95, then found
<http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/MultiColumns.html>, which points out
that I need to set the property on the fo:block elements contained in
fo:flow; and also that space-before/space-after gets ignored.

So it seems either I'm stuck with having a page break where I don't need
it, or a major restructuring of my XSLT...

BR, Julian