Re: single column and double column on a single page?

On Sat, Aug 01 2009 12:44:46 +0100, julian.reschke@gmx.de wrote:
> I'm trying to use both a single and a double column layout on a single
> page. It appears that @column-count can only be set on the page master
> declaration, so I need to start a new page to switch to double column
> layout.

Use 'column-count="2"', and on any fo:block or fo:block-container that
should span both columns, use 'span="all"' [1].

You can't span fewer than all columns, though the XSL 2.0 requirements
document includes a requirement to support spanning over less than the
total number of columns [2].

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@MenteithConsulting.com
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd                               XML Guild member
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#span
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xslfo20-req/#N66496