Opening a new IE window from a url link in a pdf document

From: sandman <sandeepbshetty@rediffmail.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 20:52:09 -0800 (PST)
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Hi
I am generating a pdf using xsl fo. The pdf has a url link which opens an
external website say like yahoo.com. I have tried to implement this through
the following line of code:

<fo:basic-link   external-destination="url('www.yahoo.com')"
show-destination= "new"  text-decoration="underline"
color="#0000ff">Yahoo</fo:basic-link>

However when I click this link, the yahoo page opens in an already open IE
window instead of launching a new IE window. So say for example I already
have a google page open and I click on the link the yahoo page opens in the
google page window instead of opening in a new browser.
Is there any way to make it open a new window.
I have tried changing external-destination="url('www.yahoo.com#')" , however
this opens a blank window.

Any help in this matter would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Sandeep