Re: XSL to XSL FO Converter

Hi Will,

By completing the XML->HTML portion of your project first, you're in
good position to work on the XML->XSL-FO portion.  In fact, I proceed
just as you've done when clients seek both online and print
presentations: HTML first, then XSL-FO for PDF.

The XPaths that match against your source XML document will be
re-usable; your work should be mostly in changing the targeted output.
Doug Tidwell wrote a nice guide describing some mappings between HTML
and XSL-FO:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-xslfo2app/

You probably won't want to use his templates directly, but consulting
his work for mapping ideas should be helpful.

Cheers,

Kenneth J. Hughes
Entelechy Corporation
http://www.entel.com