Re: A problem with numbered pages

From: Alan Moran <alan.moran@ubs.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:32:33 +0100
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

A belated response to this question but I have seen it before and it is
worth making the following comment.  Since you are using FOP there is a
bug (?) which means that certain page-number-citation references do not
get resolved resulting in an irrelevant message along the lines of "id
.... already exists in this document" - this I believe is exactly what
you are describing.

For what it is worth this does tend to occur if the page-number-citation
element is a child of a block element that has a span="all" attribute
(there may be other occasions where this behaviour can be observed).
 Simply removing it span attribute solves the problem (though may of
course create a new one for you ;-) )

I can't see yet from the FOP code why this is the case but would be
interested if anyone else knows why - for now I'll continue to refer to
it as a bug ;-)

Alan.