Re: absolute-position + bottom +right

From: <Klaas_Bals@inventivedesigners.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:43:48 +0200
To: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@cranesoftwrights.com>
Cc: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

Comments below...

> Note in 6.5.3 the paragraph: "Any reference-level-out-of-line areas
> returned by the children of the fo:block-container are handled as
described
> in [6.10.2 fo:float]."  Then, looking in 6.10.2 you will see: "The
> padding-, border-, and content-rectangles of the block-areas generated by

> fo:float all coincide. That is, the padding and border are zero at all
> edges of the area."
>
> Therefore, you cannot successfully play with borders or padding for
> absolutely positioned block containers.  Only the content *within* the
> block-container can have borders ... that is why a block with a border
> inside the block-container would show the border.

Ken,

"Any reference-level-out-of-line areas returned by the children of the
fo:block-container"
What does, in your opinion, "by the children of the fo:block-container"
mean?
Doesn't that mean that this statement doesn't apply to the block-container
itself, but only to the children of the block-container? I tested with FOP,
AntennaHouse and XEP, and they all place borders on an abolute positioned
block-container (and also on the children of the block-container!?)

Best regards,
-----
Klaas Bals  -  Scriptura Development Manager

Scriptura - a WYSIWYG XSL-FO editor: www.scriptura-xsl.com

Inventive Designers
Direct Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210183
Office Phone: +32 - 3 - 8210170
Office Fax: +32 - 3 - 8210171
Email: Klaas_Bals at inventivedesigners dot com