Horizontal spacing

From: Cindy Hunt <Cindy.Hunt@sas.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:39:58 -0400
To: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>

Hi-

I am working from design specifications which require 12pt of space between 2 parts of a line. It was easy to do with a FOSI but I am stumped on how to do it with XSL-FO. For now I am using a character entity for a blank space but I really want to be able to define a specific amount of space. This is for a running head at the top of a page which is supposed to look like:

Page number, 12pt of space, "Chapter " followed by chapter number, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions for creating the space?

Thanks!
Cindy Hunt