W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-xsl-fo@w3.org > April 2003

RE: Encoding problem when using xsl-fo.

From: Roland Neilands <rneilands@pulsemining.com.au>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:37:37 +1000
To: "'xsl'" <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>
Message-ID: <001201c2f89f$4c8ea320$e75300ca@pulsemining.com.au>

VishnuVardhan,

> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character
> (Unicode:  0xa0
> ) was found in the element content of the document.

Only two characters are illegal in XML content (ie between tags): "&" and
"<".
You must use CDATA or the entities "&amp;" and "&lt;" instead.

> I tried to add     <xsl:output encoding="utf-8"/> and I found
> it doesn't
> help.
It's the default anyway.

Cheers,
Roland
Received on Tuesday, 1 April 2003 17:37:58 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 3 October 2007 16:06:10 GMT