Encoding problem when using xsl-fo.

From: Vishnuvardhan R <vishnuvardhanr@aztec.soft.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2003 11:13:51 +0530
To: xsl <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>

Hi,

I am getting the following error whenever I pass the xml and xsl into
the transformer. I am using apache fop for printing the pdf.

the exception is

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode:  0xa0
) was found in the element content of the document.

Whenever I pass locale as English, every thing is working fine but when
I pass french locale then i am getting the following problem.

My xml is like this.

<pageContent xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:x
sd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSche
ma-instance" >
<name>ClaimPrinting</name>
</pageContent>

Is it a problem with encoding. If so what can I do to solve the problem.
My xsl looks like this.

xsl:transform xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
version="1.0">
  <xsl:template match="/">
        <fo:root xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
xmlns:fox="http://xml.apache.org/fop/extensions">

I tried to add     <xsl:output encoding="utf-8"/> and I found it doesn't
help.

Can you please suggest what can I do?

Regards,
VishnuVardhan.