Re: FO preprocessor

From: W. Eliot Kimber <eliot@isogen.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:29:23 -0600
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

jordibuj@badalona.vilaweb.com wrote:
> I'm writing some kind of "merge" preprocessor for a FO
> document.
> The FO document would contain XML tags from a new namespace
> (the mrg namespace) melted with the actual content.
> The merge preprocessor would generate a new FO document
> with FO tags and content untouched but would process mrg

Is the FO coming from some outside source? Normally I would expect this
type of processing to happen at the time the FO is produced, rather than
as a separate processing step. But there's nothing wrong in principle
with pre-processing the FO document any way you need to. for example,
Ken Holman has suggested that approach as a way to implement certain FO
extensions that act as "macros" that can be expanded to standard FO
practice or to implementation-specific extensions.

Cheers,

Eliot
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@isogen.com