FO preprocessor

From: <jordibuj@badalona.vilaweb.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:20:18 CET
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

I'm writing some kind of "merge" preprocessor for a FO
document.
The FO document would contain XML tags from a new namespace
(the mrg namespace) melted with the actual content.
The merge preprocessor would generate a new FO document
with FO tags and content untouched but would process mrg
tags for instance by querying a database.

An example:
<fo:block>Hello <mrg:field name="who"
table="people"/></fo:block>

would be converted to
<fo:block>Hello Jordi</fo:block>

Then FOP would be used to generate a PDF from the processed
FO.

Sometimes it is desirable to generate non-merged documents
so I might write a FOP extension to cope with mrg tags.

Question would be: experienced FO guys would say that this
is a good approach?

*jordi

Aquest missatge ha estat enviat des del servei
de correu gratu´t de VilaWeb.  http://correu.vilaweb.com

Aquest servei Ús p˙blic i, per tant, el contingut
del missatge no tÚ cap relaciˇ editorial amb VilaWeb.