Re: xsl-fo first anniversary

From: Dave Pawson <dpawson@nildram.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:51:31 +0100
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

At 11:53 18/10/2002, David Carlisle wrote:

>Also of course you can say things like, if the rendered size of this
>object is too wide, typeset in landscape, or at a smaller point size, or
>in some other format altogether. (latex can typeset something into a
>"box" measure it and if it's not suitable, throw it away and typeset it
>in a different box in a different style).

Generalising that would fit many of the requests we've heard.
If this X doesn't fit into this Y box, do this.
If the figure doesn't fit into 'rest of page'
If this block doesn't fit into page do this
etc.
  Is 'the rest of the page from here on in' a viable measurement
at rendering time?

Regards DaveP