Fwd: Re: xsl-fo first anniversary

From: Cyril Rognon <crognon@objectiva.fr>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:06:57 +0200
To: www-xsl-fo@w3.org

> >       XML DocBook + XSLT => FO => PDF
>
>You seem to have missed out a step here. what takes you from FO to PDF?

I would just like to respond to this one,

Sebastian is right : this is where LaTeX can bring its overwhelming
experience to FO ! The rendering process. FO processors are far from the
quality achieved by solid long experienced LaTeX based tools. I must
recognize this even if I am a dedicated fan of FOP, my  favorite FO
Processor. On the other hands, the some LaTeX nightmares like very complex
tables and some others are a piece of cake for FO users.

I think that LaTeX experts may help FO pionneers to set high level tools up !

Happy aniversary to FO by the way.

Thanks

Cyril Rognon