image formats: TIFF

From: Oliver Charlet <oliver.charlet@form4.de>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 13:51:47 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>

Hi there,

we are desperate! we try to FOP-render a catalog using TIFF and CMYK JPEGs.
we hit a lot of problems:
1. we shifted to using the latest release (0.20.4). we hoped JIMI would
solve the problem of reading TIFF, but obviously fop does not recognize
TIFFs at all.
Has anyone ever rendered a FOP-PDF with TIFF imgages?

2. Also some RGB JPEG images are rendered black - even beeing absolutely of
the same format, compression etc. and using the same image parameters as
other JPEGs, that are rendered just normally.

All images are created with Photoshop, and such one should think the image
files should be perfectly standard and be readable to any java libs.

Any help would be extremly appriciated!!

:olli

oliver charlet
form4 GmbH & Co. KG
rungestr. 19