<space> + <length> ???

From: Arved Sandstrom <asandstrom@accesswave.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:40:25 -0300
To: "'Www-Xsl-Fo" <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>

What is the general consensus on something like

space-before="inherited-property-value() + 3pt"

The XSL specification grammar does not rule this out (we think). Also, since
we have a prescribed behaviour for

space-before="3pt"

it is not really that much of a leap to think of a reasonable interpretation
for the first case, either. That is, if

<space>="<length>"

is OK, then why not

This is not me tilting at windmills like I have sometimes done. :-) Eric
Bischoff and myself are genuinely curious about this and would appreciate
some feedback.

Regards.

Arved Sandstrom
Sr Software Developer