Truncating table values

From: Ruane, Conleth <conleth.ruane@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 06:15:11 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-xsl-fo@w3.org>

Hi all.

I'm trying to generate a table with fixed column width where data can be expected to be sometimes too long for the cell. As long as the individual words of the value are shorter than the column width the text is wrapped, (I'd prefer to truncate it but I can live with wrapping) but if any words of the text are longer than the column width those words overflow into the next column. I've tried playing with various attributes at column, cell and block level but I can't get the output I want.

Has anyone got any ideas?

I'm using the latest version of FOP.

Thanks.

Conleth Ruane