Re: FOA (Formatting Object Authoring tool)

Fabio_Giannetti@hplb.hpl.hp.com writes:

> FOA is the first XSL-FO specific authoring tool, it helps you with
> pagination, page sequences and creates the transformation elements to
> convert multiple XML content files into XSL-FO.
> Without writing any bits of XSL-T or FO, FOA will generate an XSL stylesheet
> that takes the content from multiple XML files and apply the style from
> multiple Attribute Set files accordingly to the transformation elements that
> you have defined (Bricks).
> This first version allows you to generate:
>
> * Pagination
>     page (size and margins)
>     header, footer, left side, right side (size, margins, borders,
> backgrounds, paddings, orientation)
>     body ( size, multicolumn, margins, borders, backgrounds, paddings,
> orientation)
>
> * Page Sequences
>     simple, repeated (with first and/or last), alternating (with first
> and/or last
>
> * Bricks (transformation units)
>     blocks, inline sequences, external images, external links, internal
> links (requires ID)
>     lists (ordered, unordered, label and body, item+label+body
>
> * FO Properties
>     common font properties
>     common color properties
>     common border, padding and background properties
>     most important specific properties (keeps, breaks, spacing and
> alignment)
>
> FOA is compatible with the XSL file generated by WH2FO (only 0.1.9 !!) and
> also is able to open the Attribute sets generated with WH2FO.
> FOA is available at : http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/fabgia/foa/foa.html
> There are some examples and a tutorial
> (http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/fabgia/foa/tutorial/FOATutorial_files/frame
> .htm) to better understand how does it works.
>
>                     Thank you, Fabio.

Fabio,

I was interested to read of this new XSL-FO tool. Have you considered making
the same announcement on the XSL-FO list on Yahoo Groups?

The group is described at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xsl-fo

As far as I recall only subscribed members may post. To subscribe simply send
an email to
XSL-FO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

If you are unable to post to the XSL-FO mailing list please let me know and I
can forward the information to the group.

Regards

Andrew Watt